Simpson Council #23

2018 Dais Officers:


Illustrious Master: Les W. Schmitt

Deputy Master: Christopher  K. Spurgeon

Principal Conductor of the Work: Doug Patmore

History:

Interest being manifested in Cryptic Masonry, several Companions assembled April 20, 1867 and appointed a committee to take the necessary steps to procure a dispensation.  Dispensation was granted on May 6, 1867.

On May 8, 1967 the Grand Recorder, William Hacker, brought to Evansville the dispensation and presided as the Most Illustrious Grand Master at three assemblies held at 9:30 AM, 2:30 and 7:30 PM.  At each assembly initatory work was rendered and twelve additions to the Council were recorded.  A Charter was granted on May 21, 1867 appointing George H. Fish as the first Thrice Illustrious Master.



301 Chestnut Street
Evansville,  Indiana  47713-1248